Archive

                         

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Venice: Diary Day 1

venice 1
venice outfit day 1
TEE:AmericanApparel. JEANS:h&m. Converse. BAG:TkMaxx. NECKLACE:Topman. SHADES:UrbanOutfitters.

venice 2
venice 3
venice day 1 outfit 1 combo
venice day 1 outfit details
Venice coco day 1
venice meal book day1
venice meal at Trattoria da arturo

A very photo heavy post I know, one of the reasons why I couldnt post whilst in Venice like I'd hoped was because although there was wifi it was too slow to handle the large photo files!
Anyway, this was Day 1 of my trip to Venice and I can confirm two things, yes the City is even more beautiful than the photos and hell'yeah the men are hot! #italianstallion

The first photo is one of the first sights of Venice we saw after leaving the airport, I knew from then on things were only going to get more beautiful. It was honestly breathtaking crossing the canal on a water-bus, blue open water, the rainbow-painted City ahead and we were so lucky with the weather which was around 14 (Degrees C). I travelled in a Tee, jeans and Converse to keep it comfortable during the flight, I had a coat also but it wasn't needed once we arrived on land around 3pm.. I took a few photos and then we watched the sunset whilst drinking Pistachio hot chocolate outside a little cafe in Piazza san Marco, and planned the day ahead.

For dinner, we ate at a traditional Italian restaurant recommended to us called 'Trattoria Da Arturo'. It's expensive at £30 a main but well worth it if you want to exeperience true Italian cuisine and conversation. It does not look impressive from first glance, it is just a very small restaurant that hasnt had a refurb for what looks a good decade, but the food was cooked to perfection and the aromas that filled the air were sensational! The staff made us feel like we were dining as guests in their own homes, the conversations were flowing throughout the entire meal and at not one point did I think "Leave me to eat!" infact we stayed drinking Disaronno on the rocks with them until after closing and they gave us some great 'local' tips on what to see whilst in Venice.
And if what I've said so far doesn't appeal to you enough maybe the part where I mention Brad Pitt, Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Naomi Campbell, Nicole Kidman and Kim Kardashian to name just a few have wined and dined here and theres a whole album of photos to prove it! So of course I assured the owner I would email him that final photo above to add to his collection once I'm famous ;)

I'll be back tomorrow with Day 2, hope you found this intersting..

V.
XO

26 comments:

  1. Very, very jealous. I've been to Venice once for a day visit and it is the loveliest place! Plus you look absolutely gorgeous!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! I've been to Venice and I adored it too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a really good time!
    please check out my blog xo

    http://charlmorgan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous! definitely somewhere id like to go when i get chance

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing photo's!
    like your blog!
    I follow, follow me back?
    xoxo linlicious-style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post!!! I love Venice!!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, lovely photos, I was in Venice when I was little but I want to come back!
    I have just discovered your blog and following now!
    Greetings from Spain,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Venice looks amazing. I am sooo jealous x x love the green bag from TKMaxx.
    I'm following x x
    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I'll be going to Venice this summer and seeing these photos made me very excited indeed! Your sense of style is impeccable. I just discovered your blog and I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, looks amazing :) i love venice. it's so romantic and lovely there.
    really nice blog you have here, dear :) started to follow you. maybe you'll have a look on my blog also!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pictures are gorgeous, I've always wanted to go to Venice! The only place in Italy I've been is Milan :)

    - Olivia xx
    http://that-is-my-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pics, lvoe Venice! You look amazing!
    kss

    ReplyDelete
  13. these photos are absolutely amazing! im so jealous as Venice is one of those places i have to go to..one day maybe!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your outfits - really laid back yet stylish :)
    wish I could visit venice again it's so lovely there!
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So incredibly jealous!! It looks amazing there!!x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really think your blog is amazing, would you like to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an amazing city, and those pics are very pretty.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  18. what beautiful photos :) x

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. mm i love Venice! specially at this time of year, its always too misty when i go!
    ellen
    xx

    ellen-senzaparole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
    Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous photos from both your trip blog posts :) I could look at them all day, looks so so lovely & what a great trip you had xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Honestly i love your blog, it's really fantastic! Now i follow you ;) i hope that yau can follow me http://tastemedrinkme.blogspot.com.es/
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE YOUR JEANS!!!! Where are they from??!!??
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts..